FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT MYSA
Each year the MYSA Board of Directors spends numerous hours modifying league policies to enhance the soccer experience for our players and their families. Here we hope to answer various questions that continue to arise during the on and off season.
- Is Marina Soccer only a recreational league?
- Not entirely. The focus of Marina Soccer is our Fall program recreational league (35+ teams and 500+ players). In our Fall program we are not currently affiliated with larger more competitive associations like AYSO or CYSA, we do not keep standings or record scores, we do not currently have allstar or tournament teams.
- Do my children have to live in Marina to play Marina Soccer?
- No. Marina Soccer Fall program is open to all kids from 4-17 regardless of where they live. The Marina Soccer Spring program will only be open to those players that have previously registered in at least one MYSA fall season.
- When and where are Marina Soccer games?
- All games are played on saturdays at the Marina High School (U6, U8, U10) and Los Arboles Middle School (U12, U14, U16. U18)
- What is included with the player registration fees?
- Each registered player receives a new uniform to keep (jersey, shorts, socks), a photo package (individual, team, wallets, button), a medal and a trophy. Players are also fully covered through our MYSA insurance policy.
- Does MYSA do fundraising?
- Yes. The primary MYSA fundraiser is the summer 4th of July fireworks both, which allows MYSA to keep registration costs at a bare minimum. MYSA also fundraises throughout the season through our snack shack at the Marina High School field. Currently, MYSA does not do"at-home" fundraising. Also, there is no volunteer requirement for MYSA parents. Parents interested in earning discounted registration may volunteer to work the MYSA snack bar.